Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: GoDaddy.com shuts down entire data center?
From: Jim Popovitch <jimpop () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:32:58 -0800 (PST)

I want to say, from an outsider's perspective, that I whole heartily applaud GoDaddy on the actions they took and the
consistent professionalism exhibited by their tech support representative.  Despite obvious (and heavily edited) calls
to the same agent, the consumer was informed in a professional manner of his/her avenue for resolution.  No doubt
remains in my mind that the caller was not caught blind by this situation.  Go Daddy has a privacy policy that no doubt
prohibits them from releasing details of their side of this case, however to me the recording suggests that the caller
knew this was the end result, not a sudden surprise move, and they just wanted to circumvent standard proceedure.  The
caller's prior thought to record, what appears as a standard call to tech-support, is insightful and should be an
obvious sign of his motivation.

Let me explain my perspective.  I am a long standing customer of data center services, and I fully appreciate network
operators' efforts to stem the spread of spam and viruses.  I run a few non-profit public mailing lists and the emails
from my systems traverse your networks hourly.  I work quikly and diligently with service providers to overcome issues
where our paths cross.  I have never been a Go Daddy customer, but I certainly appreciate their stand on this issue.  I
will probably never be a Nectartech customer after this episode.

-Jim P.