Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Wifi SIP WPA/PSK Support
From: Crist Clark <crist.clark () globalstar com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:31:52 -0800

Mike Leber wrote:
[snip]

I've had a few people say that there was some sort of conspiracy to keep
US citizens from using secure phones, however I found that laughable
because
[snip]

Because domestically the US gov't (or local LEOs) can just intercept the
calls when they hit the PSTN. They don't bother intercepting between the
phone and its access point.

Now, whether there are LEOs pushing against end-to-end encryption
becoming widely available to consumers is a whole separate issue.
--
Crist J. Clark                               crist.clark () globalstar com
Globalstar Communications                                (408) 933-4387

  By Date           By Thread