Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hirschmann Switches?
From: Niels Bakker <niels=nanog () bakker net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:30:52 +0100

Used a MACH4002 as multicast router at 25C3 (among many other locations in the conference/building network as pure L2 devices). Worked flawlessly.

        -- Niels.

* cbredi () bofhserver net (Cristian Bradiceanu) [Tue 06 Jan 2009, 16:27 CET]:
We have a good experience with Hirschmann (now Belden) industrial
switches, OpenRail RS30 and Modular MICE series. They had some pretty
funny software bugs with older software versions. We are using them in
MAN ring networks with heavy multicast traffic.

Cristian