Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Circuit numbering scheme - best practice?
From: Jeff MacDonald <jam () zoidtechnologies com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:04:47 -0500

On Friday 16 January 2009 19:55:44 Peter Wohlers wrote:
my fave: description "XO#SF/LUXX/500032/TQW Tel#877.792.5550 ";
Adding the NOC phone number for carrier in question is immensely useful.
I know, long hauls with different LECs complicates things, but
guarantees that someone will thank you at some point in time :)

--Peter

What I would do is populate a database with carrier circuit ids and contact
information and then make some tools that ops can use to query for things like
the carrier phone number, rather than putting all of it into the circuit id.

Regards,
Jeff

  By Date           By Thread