Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Single carrier multi-circuit asynchronous routing issue
From: Aaron Millisor <aaron.millisor () bright net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:21:32 -0500

Thank you both. Strict mode uRPF was indeed the problem. Took awhile for them to fix it for me, but at least it's fixed.

-- am

Anders Lindbäck wrote:
On 7 jan 2009, at 21.05, Niels Bakker wrote:

* aaron.millisor () bright net (Aaron Millisor) [Wed 07 Jan 2009, 20:53 CET]:
[..]
If I were to prepend the network 1.1.1.0 to come in on 'sprint 1', but have a route to 2.2.2.0 via 'sprint 2' so that traffic comes in on one circuit but returns on the other, routing is broken. If I change my route so that packets directed to 2.2.2.0 return on the same circuit that the traffic is received on, everything works fine.

You might be running into uRPF (unicast reverse path forward verification).

    -- Niels.

Strict-mode uRPF will couse this, I am sure sprint support can help you with it..

Anders Lindbäck
anders.lindback () dnz se

  By Date           By Thread