Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Are we really this helpless? (Re: isprime DOS in progress)
From: Brandon Galbraith <brandon.galbraith () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:34:37 -0600

On 1/23/09, Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us> wrote:

Jeffrey Lyon wrote:

I respectfully disagree. Network engineers have to keep up with many
tasks and preventing DoS/DDoS should be the responsibility of
everyone. I see more folks worried about spam than they are actual
security.

Back to my original question: is there really not a better solution?

~Seth

When in doubt, throw more capacity at it. I'm only half-kidding. Sometimes
that's the cheaper solution depending on the problem.

-brandon

--
Brandon Galbraith
Voice: 630.400.6992