Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Are we really this helpless? (Re: isprime DOS in progress)
From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:18:51 -0800

J.D. Falk wrote:
Seth Mattinen wrote:
Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
I respectfully disagree. Network engineers have to keep up with many
tasks and preventing DoS/DDoS should be the responsibility of
everyone. I see more folks worried about spam than they are actual
security.

Back to my original question: is there really not a better solution?

This sounds a lot like the conversations which led to the creation of the original Realtime Blackhole List of spam sources. When was that, 1996?

Perhaps the time has come for a BGP blackhole list like the bogon routes one. Who wants to become a target? ;)

~Seth

  By Date           By Thread