Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Tightened DNS security question re: DNS amplification attacks.
From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:52:12 -0600

Paul Vixie wrote:

note, i'm speaking as a concerned internet citizen here, not as an ARIN
trustee or as ISC's president.  i really want to know if folks would be
willing to shun eachother not on the basis of evil but rather complacency.

The real question is, would the endpoints be willing to shun each other not based on the other endpoint, but complacency of the endpoint's provider. I believe such traffic changes would quickly find themselves to "net-neutrality" lawsuits.

From things I've seen in the past, it is appropriate to say "my server, my rules" but not appropriate to say "my network, my rules". ie, if I wanted to shape/block/alter p2p, block vontage, etc.

Jack

  By Date           By Thread