Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Top-posting
From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:42:13 -0700

On Apr 11, 2011, at 7:58 PM, Bryan Fields wrote:

On 4/11/2011 21:22, Richard Golodner wrote:
     Too many Outlook users. With just about any other email client it is
very easy to bottom post.
     To those who wish to post as they want demonstrates a certain something
about being a professional and an additional personality component that
need not be mentioned.

The issue with outlook/exchange is there is no way to use another client with
it. I cannot even force plain text to the internet, the server send it as
quoted printable even if I strip all formatting.

I have used Evolution and IMAP with exchange servers in the past, so, I'm not
convinced this is an entirely accurate statement.

The outlook email client does not support wrapping text at a given line length
either.

I'll skip the obvious conclusion about the quality of the product in question.

Owen

  By Date           By Thread