Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

SDH 1+1 protected circuit and OSPF minimal setup on a single Juniper platform.
From: Lorenzo Rossi <lorenzo.rossi () iit cnr it>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:36:45 +0200

Hi,

I have some doubts about the minimal configuration to handle an SDH 1+1
protected circuit with OSPF on a single Juniper router platform (one
interface as the Working Circuit and another interface as the Protect
Circuit).

Reading the JunOS documentation, for instance the 9.4 JunOS version:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos94/swconfig-network-interfaces/interfaces-configuring-sonet-sdh-physical-interface-properties.html#id-12712165

and using the various configuration snippet I tried to link together
various pieces of configuration and the result is below:

so-0/2/0 {
    framing {
        sdh;
    }
    sonet-options {
        aps {
             working-circuit bayward;
             authentication-key blarney;
            }
    }
    unit 0 {
           family inet {
           address 10.100.100.1/24;
           }
    }
}

so-1/3/0 {
    framing {
        sdh;
    }
    sonet-options {
        aps {
             protect-circuit bayward;
             authentication-key blarney;
            }
    }
    unit 0 {
           family inet {
           address 10.100.200.1/24;
           }
    }
}

lab () r1# show protocols ospf
area 0.0.0.0 {
  interface so-0/2/0.0;
  interface so-1/3/0.0;
  }
}

If I'm not wrong the APS/MSP signaling protocol router implementation
should set one of the two sonet interfaces as Up and the other as Down,
so the OSPF should install in routing table only the IP network related
to the Up interface.
Am I wrong?
Do you think I forgot some configuration pieces?

Thanks and regards,
Lorenzo

  By Date           By Thread