Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: How is IPv6 deployment going in the APNIC region?
From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch () muada com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 14:47:22 +0200

On 14 apr 2011, at 13:50, Tore Anderson wrote:

This is address space that's now marked as delegated and removed from
the pile of unused address space for no obvious reason.

I believe they are using those prefixes for research.

and the delegated-extended file, it appears that these prefixes do count
as assigned space like any other assignment. I would assume that when
the research project is over, they will be returned to the free pool and
assigned under the last /8 policy

That is extremely curious. How can they justify taking 4 million addresses for research two days before running out of
regularly allocatable address space? They could have taken that /10 out of the final /8 rather than taking it from the
last scraps of regular space if they really need a /10 for research, which is already dubious in and of itself.

Of course they didn't bother to respond to my request for information about all of this.

  By Date           By Thread