Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: 365x24x7
From: Bill Stewart <nonobvious () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 00:29:19 -0700

Variable scheduling of staff is often deemed more fair, but I think it makes
things less stable.  People are constantly having to change their life.

Rotating shifts between daytime and nighttime is a horrible thing to
do to your workers, both for their health and their attention span.
Full-time night work isn't great, but rotating work is even worse.
Apes are generally diurnal, not nocturnal or crepuscular.   Shuffling
who has to work which days is annoying enough.

----
             Thanks;     Bill

Note that this isn't my regular email account - It's still experimental so far.
And Google probably logs and indexes everything you send it.

  By Date           By Thread