Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: 365x24x7
From: "Frank Bulk" <frnkblk () iname com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 22:47:20 -0500

Timely article on the FAA's involvement with sleep schedules:
http://www.ajc.com/news/air-traffic-controller-scheduling-913244.html
        "Union spokesman Doug Church said up to now, 25 percent of
        the nation's air traffic controllers work what he called a
        "2-2-1″ schedule, working afternoon to night the first two
        days, followed by a mandatory minimum of eight hours for
        rest before starting two morning-to-afternoon shifts,
        another eight or more hours for sleep, then a final shift
        starting between 10 p.m. to midnight.

        "Maybe we need to work in more time for rest," Church said.
        "You’re forcing yourself to work at a time when the body is
        used to sleeping."

Frank