Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Comcast's 6to4 Relays
From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 17:52:32 -0400

On Apr 19, 2011, at 5:50 PM, Doug Barton wrote:

At minimum one would hope that you're heeding the warnings in the first. Another view (one that I personally hold) is
that any effort you might be putting into making 6to4 work better would be better placed in deploying real IPv6
instead; and that the world would be a better place generally if all of the so-called "transition mechanisms" just
went away.

I certainly feel that the lawful-intercept requirements and data retention necessary in a CGN/6to4 environment likely
mean the barrier is high enough to suggest moving to IPv6, but the CPE situation is still mostly missing.

- Jared

  By Date           By Thread