Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Comcast's 6to4 Relays
From: Fred Baker <fred () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 18:57:37 -0700

On Apr 19, 2011, at 5:52 PM, Butch Evans wrote:

+1. 6to4 is very bad and should be off my default, but unfortunately many
end users unwittingly have it on and this may provide them some relief.

So am I to understand that services like Toredo client (which is what I
PRESUME is being discussed) is on automatically in some Windows desktop
systems?

No. 6to4 is RFC 3056/3068, and Teredo is a proprietary Microsoft technology documented in RFC 4380 with its updates.
John and Cameron are talking about 6to4.

  By Date           By Thread