Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bandwidth growth
From: Adrian Chadd <adrian () creative net au>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:36:54 +0800

If it's a true research project, wouldn't you really be interested in both
evidence for/against? :-)

Just my 2c here,

Adrian

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
On Apr 20, 2011, at 9:35 PM, Curran, David wrote:

I'm interested in any evidence (even anecdotal) that general Internet usage (and more importantly, link
utilization) has increased at higher rates in the last 6-12 months than in previous periods.  Any graphs or
otherwise would be greatly appreciated.  The purpose is for an internal research project and this data will only be
used internally and will not be shared, nor will the sources.

<https://stats.linx.net/aggregate.html>
<http://www.ams-ix.net/historical-traffic-data/>
<http://de-cix.net/content/network.html>
<http://www.seattleix.net/agg.htm>
<http://www.torix.net/stats.php>

Etc.

I don't know if that proves your theory.  And one could argue public IX stats are actually not representative of
growth, since many networks move peers to private connections as they grow.  But it is data, and it is available.

--
TTFN,
patrick

--
- $24/pm+GST entry-level VPSes w/ capped bandwidth charges available in WA -

  By Date           By Thread