Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Outage Management/Log Book
From: Alex Nderitu <nderitualex () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 20:25:32 +0300

Or RT-IR

Regards,
Alex

On 4/25/11, Nathanael Cariaga <nccariaga () stluke com ph> wrote:
Have you tried otrs?

On Apr 25, 2011, at 6:47 PM, "Payam Poursaied" <me () payam124 com> wrote:

Hi all
May I have your recommendation  regarding any outage management software
and NOC log book(preferably open source) .
I want to get fresh ideas about available software in this area.

The below scenario may explain what I am looking for:
One of the sites gets down, monitoring team would log it. Technical staffs
follow it, they find there is something wrong
in the site. Someone gets to the site and find there is a power failure.
Make it correct. Monitoring team again see that
site UP and update their log book put the recovery time and the reason
(i.e. power failure)
One of the simplest report from this system would be downtime per site/per
reason.

The ability to record group outage - manually or automatically based on
network topology - (i.e. failure of a core
router in a city which would be caused several sites failure) would be
also useful.

Best Regards
Payam Poursaied

--