Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: IPV6 Training Books
From: "Stefan Fouant" <sfouant () shortestpathfirst net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 16:23:02 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Ruiz [mailto:mruiz () lstfinancial com]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 3:43 PM
To: nanog () nanog org
Subject: IPV6 Training Books

Hello All,

                I am looking for some good reading material to get a
better understanding of IPV6.  I know how to convert HEX into decimal
format.  What I am looking for is how to under the CIDR notation and
break them out into subnets.   Thank you in advance.

I recommend 'Running IPv6' by Iljitsch van Beijnum or 'IPv6 Essentials' by
Silvia Hagen.  Also Chris Grundemann wrote a Day One Guide for Juniper
entitled "Exploring IPv6" which you can download for free at
http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Day-One-Books/Day-One-Book-Exploring-IPv6/ba-p/
52402 - Chapter 1 in the Day One guide has a lot of really good information
on understanding IPv6 addressing formats, subnetting, etc.

Either one of those should be able to answer most of your questions.

Stefan Fouant

  By Date           By Thread