Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 end user addressing
From: Cameron Byrne <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 07:19:10 -0700

On Aug 6, 2011 2:11 AM, "Owen DeLong" <owen () delong com> wrote:

I'm not the only person who prefers /48 and hopefully most ISPs will
eventually
come around and realize that /56s don't really benefit anyone vs. /48s.

Hurricane Electric has been handing out /48s upon request to our customers
and
users of our IPv6 tunnel services. We do not anticipate changing that
policy.

Owen

A lot of good that /48 will do while HE rides out their on going peering war
and customers are missing a wide swath of the ipv6 routing table.

Cb