Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Errant Advertisement - 128.1/16
From: Rick Altmann <raltmann () bbn com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 08:07:59 -0400

This issue has been cleared up.  Thanks to everyone for their help.

-Rick

On Aug 4, 2011, at 12:07 PM, Rick Altmann wrote:

Is there anyone from AT&T on the list that could help with a likely misconfiguration?  I have not received any
response yet to my complaint (see below) submitted to the abuse address on July 26.  We have since started
advertising this space and would like to resolve the MOAS condition we have created.

////////////////

The 128.1.0.0/16 address block is registered to BBN Technologies (AS11488) but is currently unused on any BBN
networks.  BBN would like to begin using this address space however AS7018 is currently originating public BGP routes
for this address block.  We believe this to be a configuration error.  Please help us resolve this.

A traceroute to 128.1.0.1 shows the following routers as the last 4 responding hops:

cr1.n54ny.ip.att.net (12.122.81.106)
cr81.nw2nj.ip.att.net (12.122.105.30)
gar18.n54ny.ip.att.net (12.122.105.101)
12.89.231.190