Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG Digest, Vol 43, Issue 53
From: Charles N Wyble <charles () knownelement com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 23:16:27 -0500

On 08/12/2011 08:53 PM, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

.
Trust me, if I could, I would certainly do dark to my house.

The last house I was in, was 500 feet from AT&T fiber and easy walking
distance to the CO. My sister in law lives there now. I'm considering
putting a rack or two in the garage for disaster recovery purposes.

Been there, done that, in the current home. Two MDF's, upstairs. I hate it. For the cost (not much) going to home run
everything. Ethernet, coax, speakers, etc.

Nice. Please write this up. I want to do the same. Hoping I can rack
mount everything and have an epic setup. Every room would have ethernet
drop, coax, speaker. What about video? Hmmm. What about fiber drop in
every room as well?

  By Date           By Thread