Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Home computer rooms
From: Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 17:52:57 -0500

Once upon a time, Charles N Wyble <charles () knownelement com> said:
Related to my thread about home data centers, what are folks using to
store compute gear in?

Mine sits in two racks in my second bedroom. Cooled by ambient AC.

I have an old pdp-8 rack (I didn't get the actual computer, just the
rack, but it does still have the DEC faceplate), and the room is cooled
by the regular central A/C.  I've considered dedicated A/C for this room
(just a small spare bedroom really), but I haven't found anything that
is economical and quiet.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>

  By Date           By Thread