Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: VRF/MPLS on Linux
From: Sergey V. Lobanov <sergey () lobanov in>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 19:31:39 +0400

Hello,

I implemented it via dot1q vlans+iproute2+iptables. Description can be found at
http://forum.nag.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=57082&st=0&p=501082&#entry501082 . Please use the Google translator to
translate from Russian to English.

23.08.2011, 17:45, nanog () rhemasound org:
While I have found some information on a project called linux-mpls I am having a hard time finding any solid VRF
framework for Linux.  I have a monitoring system that needs check devices that sit in overlapping private ip space,
and I was wondering if there is anyway I could use some kind or VRF type solution that would allow me to label the
"site" the traffic is intended for.  The upstream router supports VRF/MPLS, but I need to know how I can get the
server to label the traffic.  I would appreciate any input.

---
Brian Raaen
Network Architect
braaen () zcorum com