mailing list archives
RE: FTTH CPE landscape
From: "Frank Bulk" <frnkblk () iname com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 17:10:41 -0500
Are you looking for an xPON ONT?
From: Jason Lixfeld [mailto:jason () lixfeld ca]
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 9:58 AM
To: nanog () nanog org
Subject: FTTH CPE landscape
This isn't necessarily operational content, so I apologize in advance for
the noise and thus encourage off-list replies (and/or flames).
I figure the NANOG demographic might be able to point me in the right
direction seeing as how far reaching into the industry the readership is.
I'm doing research on potential FTTH CPE vendors and I'd like to poke around
for some potential vendors to see who I've missed.
The feature wish list more or less looks like so:
- Small, wall-mount'ish form factor
- 6-8 wire speed 10/100/1000 LAN ports
- Generic consumer grade NAT/Firewall
- Fixed BX WAN port
- 1-2 POTS ports with SIP UA
- TR-69 support for full CPE configuration (User features/configuration and
- No Wifi (or the ability to disable it from the SP provisioning side)
- DHCP client
- 802.1q on LAN and WAN ports
- -48v input
- Per VLAN egress shaping/policing over WAN port
- DHCP option 82 support
If anyone has something like this in the field or knows of a vendor who can
meet these requirements in some fashion by product line or custom build,
please drop me a line.
Also, if anyone knows of any NANOG'esque FTTH lists, I'd welcome a subscribe
Thanks in advance.
RE: FTTH CPE landscape Frank Bulk (Aug 04)