Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a Tier 1 ISP Mentor for career advice.
From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 18:59:00 -0500

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 11:40:54 EST, Jay Ashworth said:

"Private IRC server".

Amen to that.

I've decided that our private Jabber server has resulted in an order of
magnitude improvement in dealing with "quick question for ya" requests, as you
can cut/paste to/from as needed (it's still kinda hard to cut-n-paste what the
co-worker said over coffee or over the phone ;) with less overhead than e-mail
(especially for things that take 3-4 RTTs to resolve).

  By Date           By Thread