Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: recommendations for external montioring services?
From: Edward Dore <edward.dore () freethought-internet co uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 19:18:07 +0000

Take a look at Panopta - we use it to compliment our internal monitoring and find it great compared to some of the
systems we've used in the past (Pingdom, Binary Canary).

The interface is easy to use and responsive, we don't get false positives and there are a good range of checks. There's
an API as well if you want to integrate it.

I'd stay clear of the software agent though, we've had a few issues with that. For remote service checks we love it.

Edward Dore
Freethought Internet