Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: EFF call for signatures from Internet engineers against censorship
From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer () nic fr>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:07:33 +0100

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 06:12:34PM -0800,
 Peter Eckersley <pde () eff org> wrote
 a message of 86 lines which said:

  To date, the leading role the US has played in this infrastructure
  has been fairly uncontroversial [sic and re-sic] because America
  is seen as a trustworthy arbiter and a neutral bastion of free
  expression.

I am just a lurker on Nanog since I do not operate a network in North
America and therefore I hesitated to sign the letter but this sentence
is too much: it means you cannot sign unless you endorse this
ridiculous propaganda. It's bad to use the fight for freedom of speech
in this way :-(

  By Date           By Thread