Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 prefixes longer then /64: are they possible in DOCSIS networks?
From: Mark Tinka <mtinka () globaltransit net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 23:19:28 +0800

On Thursday, December 01, 2011 08:19:51 AM Ray Soucy wrote:

There is a lot of talk about "buggy" systems that are
unable to handle prefixes longer than 64; but I've yet
to encounter one.  I imagine if I did it would be
treated as a bug and fixed.  So to the question of
supporting different prefix lengths: Yes.  You should
support any valid IPv6 prefix length; it takes a few
extra lines of code in the beginning; but will save you
a lot of re-coding in the end.

Exactly.

/126's for point-to-points, and /112's for router LAN's
here, 6 years and counting.

Mark.

  By Date           By Thread