Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Windows UDP packet generator software?
From: Jay Nakamura <zeusdadog () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:28:10 -0500

The goal of what I am doing is to test some network convergence impact
in a lab with two PCs with windows (Can't run Linux, it would be
easier if I could) and switches and/or routers in between.

So, I thought there must be some simple utility out there that can
just start spewing out UDP packets to the other side at a certain time
interval and I can look at packet loss via what arrives on the other
side with wireshark on the PC.

I found hping but it seems to be outdated and I can't get it to work
on my windows boxes.

Anyone have any suggestions?

  By Date           By Thread