Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: subnet prefix length > 64 breaks IPv6?
From: sthaug () nethelp no
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 08:08:22 +0100 (CET)

I am not sure if this is the reason as this only applies to the link
local IP address. One could still assign a global IPv6 address. So,
why does basic IPv6 (ND process, etc) break if i use a netmask of say
/120?

As long as you assign addresses statically, IPv6 works just fine with a
netmask > 64. We've been using this for several years now. No problem.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug () nethelp no

  By Date           By Thread