Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: next-best-transport! down with ethernet!
From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:52:09 -0500

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 11:40:35 PST, Vadim Antonov said:
faster than the speed of light. (The reality of FTL neutrino thingie is still
too early to tell).

Especially if you actually *read* the actual journal article rather than the
pop-sci interpretation of it, it basically says "our experiment had the
neutrinos showing up 60ns faster than lightspeed - we can't find what we did
wrong, does anybody else see what we screwed up?" - i.e. an appeal to "with
enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow". (Personally, I'm betting on a mascon
somewhere in northern Italy distorting the actual path taken so the actual
geodesic isn't what they thought it was..)

  By Date           By Thread