Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cheap Juniper Gear for Lab
From: sthaug () nethelp no
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 19:45:05 +0200 (CEST)

Anyway, not the best devices for an edge router that is for sure.
Which is too bad...  for very small DC edge applications, the J6350
was a pretty cool router in earlier versions of JunOS that didn't
decide to re-engineer your network and transit for you.

We have 3 J2320s in the lab, all running 9.3R3.8. That's the last
*real* JunOS (no session/flow tracking) for these boxes.

They'll stay in the lab, and they'll never be upgraded to anything
newer. Which is too bad, I had great hopes for the J series.

But at least they're nice boxes to teach the JunOS CLI and things
like that...

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug () nethelp no

  By Date           By Thread