Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGPttH. Neustar can do it, why can't we?
From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 10:08:45 -0400

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:
As much as I'd love for
Verizon to offer BGP directly over FIOS there are fewer than 40,000

I'm curious as to your number... where is that from?
Marhsall had noted a number of 'small businesses' in the US at ~1.4m
as of ~2006ish?

I'd think that there are many use-cases where BGP is useful for end
users of FIOS, turning out a 'business' class of service without BGP
seems like a less useful 'business' solution (especially where the sla
isn't really much better than the consumer solution).

-chris

  By Date           By Thread