Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bell Canada outage?
From: David Miller <dmiller () tiggee com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 16:49:55 -0400

On 8/8/2012 4:14 PM, Steve Dalberg wrote:
CPU's were pegged for a customer of mine in California.  tracked it
down to 2 events that went down at that time with a large message
volume.

1)  Peering between GLBX and Level3 dopped somewhere, causing many
prefixes to shift away from L3 paths.

FYI: We saw significant route churn on GBLX (AS3549) as well as on Tata.

2)  Some IPv6 prefixes were aggressively bouncing from HE starting at
11:25.  Can't trace it any further upstream for HE unfortunately.
This cause lots of CPU churn on one of my customers networks

May or may not be related.

  By Date           By Thread