Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Does anyone use anycast DHCP service?
From: Masataka Ohta <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:33:58 +0900

Joe wrote:

In our situation  customer get IP address with DHCP, DHCP server
authenticate  customer by  radius.
Authentication information is carried by option60 and option82.

I think you are not talking about wireless services with roaming.

Then, as you can identify your customer with the authentication
information and can have a static mapping for customer
configurations, you can run multiple DHCP servers without
worrying about dynamic state synchronization between the
servers.

As a malfunctioning anycast server can still advertise a route
to it, blocking routes to back up servers, you should not use
anycast.

                                                Masataka Ohta

  By Date           By Thread