Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: Testing 1gbps bandwidth
From: Nathan Eisenberg <nathan () atlasnetworks us>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 18:11:46 +0000

Is there any other suggestion for this testing?

As a general tool, I rather like PathTest - it's free and versatile, you just have to have a daemon somewhere on the
other end of the circuit (even if that's multiple AS's away) that can deliver sufficient throughput for the test.  It's
far more efficient than a flash based test.  Even a very modest laptop which chokes at 70Mbps in flash can do a few
hundred Mbps with it, and anything decent can do a full gig and up.

I realize that doesn't help you find an endpoint in the Middle East to test against, but at least now you have a better
tool.  :)

Nathan Eisenberg

  By Date           By Thread