Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Finding "Name Servers" (not NS records) of domain name
From: Mike Jones <mike () mikejones in>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 14:37:30 +0100

On 17 August 2012 13:14, Matthew Palmer <mpalmer () hezmatt org> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 06:10:25PM -0400, Anurag Bhatia wrote:
Now as you would be knowing if I do regular dig with ns, it provides NS
records. However I was able to find nameservers by digging gTLD root for
gTLD based domains. This works for .com/net/org etc but again fails for say
.us, .in etc. I was wondering if there's an easy way to do it rather then
running script on thousands of domain names again & again digging registry
specific nameservers?

I religiously use http://squish.net/dnscheck/ the moment I suspect *any*
sort of DNS hinkiness.  Verbose, but *damn* if it doesn't hand me the answer
practically every time.

It doesn't say anything about both of the servers for your domain
currently being broken ;)

http://nswalk.com/?hostname=hezmatt.org&type=A

- Mike

  By Date           By Thread