Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Return two locations or low TTL [was: DNS caches that support partitioning ?]
From: Tony Finch <dot () dotat at>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:25:52 +0100

Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick () ianai net> wrote:
On Aug 19, 2012, at 17:37 , Mark Andrews <marka () isc org> wrote:

Which is why the DNS supports multiple address records.  Clients
don't have to wait a minutes to fallover to a second address.  One
doesn't have to point all the addresses returned to the closest
data center.  One can get sub-second fail over in clients as HE
code shows.

I'm afraid I am not familiar with "HE code", so perhaps I am being silly
here.

Mark is referring to "happy eyeballs":
http://www.isc.org/community/blog/201101/how-to-connect-to-a-multi-homed-server-over-tcp

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot () dotat at>  http://dotat.at/
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.

  By Date           By Thread