Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco 7200 PCI Limitations
From: Sander Steffann <sander () steffann nl>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 11:44:58 +0200

Hi,

The other option left is the I/O controller. I found that you can get a port adaptor jacket card [2] for the 7200's
that let you stick a normal interface card into the I/O controller slot (instead of the I/O controller itself).

My main concern is if the jacket card uses its own PCI bus I am assuming the C7200-I/O-GE+E also connects via PCI
which means it would be subject to the same limitations as the PA-GE.

On a 7206VXR it shows:

PCI bus mb0_mb1 (Slots 0, 1, 3 and 5) has a capacity of 600 bandwidth points.
PCI bus mb2 (Slots 2, 4, 6) has a capacity of 600 bandwidth points.

Slot 0 is the I/O module, so it seems to share the same limitations.

- Sander

  By Date           By Thread