Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Comcast vs. Verizon for repair methodologies
From: Ren Provo <ren.provo () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:53:22 -0400

Hi Patrick,

Yikes.  We can work together on getting this sorted.  Will give you
details directly.  Cheers, -ren

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick () ianai net> wrote:
Given the recent VZ thread, I thought I'd show why my new house has crap Internet.

The story: A piece of underground cable went bad.  The techs didn't pull new underground cable.  They decided it was
better to do it "arial" (if you can call 2 feet "arial").  They took apart the two pedestals on either side of the
break and ran a new strand of RG6 (yes, the same stuff you use inside your home, not the outside-plant rated stuff)
tied to trees with rope.

        <http://ianai.smugmug.com/BostonPix/2012/Comcast-Atherton-Street>

These pedestals have looked like this for months apparently.  I called the 800 # and complained, they rolled a truck.
 The guy didn't even come in my house, just gave me his supervisor's number and said that he's a home tech, the
outside plant guys are the problem and he can't fix it.  A second guy rolled up while we were chatting and told me he
had a call around the block for the same thing.  They've been taking complaints about this for months and are as
tired of it as we are.  I assured them I was more tired of it, given he was getting paid while I was paying, but I
understood their situation.

Of course, since the other "broadband" option at my house is 1 Mbps Verizon DSL, I don't have much leverage. :(

--
TTFN,
patrick

P.S. Worst part is AT&T sux there too, so I have a picocell - which runs over the Comcast cable mode....

  By Date           By Thread