Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: 172.0.0.0/12 has been Allocated
From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:54:17 -0700

On Aug 23, 2012, at 08:26 , "Otis L. Surratt, Jr." <otis () ocosa com> wrote:

IMO the justifcation is probably in other areas of their business like cloud services, data center, etc.

Obvisouly, it was compelling enough to warrant ARIN's approval for allocation of the space in the last stretch of
IPv4. All /16 and larger requests goes to IPv4 review team anyway.

Not quite...

https://www.arin.net/resources/request/ipv4_countdown.html

Currently we are in phase 1.

The team review you mention does not start until we reach Phase 2 (3 /8s remaining). In Phase 1, it only requires
senior analyst and/or department director approval.

I'll leave speculation as to what AT&T will do with the addresses to others.

Owen

  By Date           By Thread