Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Color vision for network techs
From: Berry Mobley <berry () gadsdenst org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:15:34 -0400

Hello,

Do any of you do any color vision screening in your interview process? How do those of you with color vision impairments compensate? I'd never considered this until I was in one of our facilities with my son (who has limited color vision) and we had a discussion about the LEDs. He could only determine on/off - not amber/red/green on the equipment we had. I'm wondering if we need a color vision requirement (or test) as part of our hiring requirements.

Berry Mobley

  By Date           By Thread