Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Customer Notification System.
From: Brian Stengel <bstengel () kinber org>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 18:03:40 -0500

http://www.varolii.com/

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM, James Wininger <jwininger () ifncom net>wrote:

We are a smaller ISP in Indiana. We are growing quite rapidly (yeah for
us). We have a need for a customer notification system. We have simply
out grown the ability to send emails to our customers manually. We need
to have a better way of notifying our customers of maintenance etc.

We would need to send notifications out to say about 400 customers.
Ideally the system would send an attached PDF. It would be great if this
system were SQL based etc.

Does anyone know of a system that is out there that does this? We have
looked at a few applications (windows based) but integration with
billing etc seems to be a caveat. I have thought of possibly using a
mailing list type approach, but that gets us back to (almost) where we
are today. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

--

Jim Wininger

jwininger () ifncom net

--
Brian Stengel
KINBER Director of Operations

KINBER - Keystone Initiative for Network Based Education and Research -
www.kinber.org
PennREN - Pennsylvania's Research and Education Network

  By Date           By Thread