Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Customer Notification System.
From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 23:26:04 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Wininger" <jwininger () ifncom net>

We are a smaller ISP in Indiana. We are growing quite rapidly (yeah for
us). We have a need for a customer notification system. We have simply
out grown the ability to send emails to our customers manually. We need
to have a better way of notifying our customers of maintenance etc.

We would need to send notifications out to say about 400 customers.
Ideally the system would send an attached PDF. It would be great if
this system were SQL based etc.

I will reply much more strongly than the other poster did:

*USE ASCII*.

If you sent me a scheduled maintenance window notice as a PDF attached to
an empty email, I'd drop you for a competitor.

But then, I'm a $CUSSWORD about such things.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com

  By Date           By Thread