Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Network Traffic Collection
From: Maverick <myeaddress () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:11:36 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to collect traffic traffic from pcap file and store it in
a database but really confused how to organize it. Should I organize
it on connection basis/ flow basis or IP basis.

It might be an effort to write a customized traffic analysis tool like
wireshark with only required functionality. I would really appreciate
if someone can give me direction on write way of organizing the data
because right now I only see individual packets and no way of putting
them in some order.

Best,
Ali

  By Date           By Thread