Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Traffic Collection
From: Jeroen Massar <jeroen () unfix org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:14:19 +0100

On 2012-02-23 21:11 , Maverick wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to collect traffic traffic from pcap file and store it in
a database but really confused how to organize it. Should I organize
it on connection basis/ flow basis or IP basis.

It might be an effort to write a customized traffic analysis tool like
wireshark with only required functionality. I would really appreciate
if someone can give me direction on write way of organizing the data
because right now I only see individual packets and no way of putting
them in some order.

Does this all not completely depend on what you actually want to do with
it? You might want to start there instead of the other way around.

Greets,
 Jeroen

  By Date           By Thread