Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: do not filter your customers
From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:29:57 -0500

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Danny McPherson <danny () tcb net> wrote:

happens by accident all the time.  How we can justify putting all
that BGPSEC and RPKI machinery in place and not address this
"leak" issue somewhere in the mix is, err.., telling.

I think if we asked telstra why they didn't filter their customer some
answer like:
 1) we did, we goofed, oops!
 2) we don't it's too hard
 3) filters? what?

I suspect in the case of 1 it's a software problem that needs more
belts/suspenders
I suspect in the case of 2 it's a problem that could be shown to be
simpler with some resource-certification in place
I suspect 3 is not likely... (or I hope so).

So, even without defining what a leak is, providing a tool to better
create/verify filtering would be a boon.

  By Date           By Thread