Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Programmers with network engineering skills
From: Jason Bertoch <jason () i6ix com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:07:14 -0500

On 2/27/2012 7:53 PM, William Herrin wrote:
I think you're more likely to find a network engineer with (possibly limited)
>  programming skills.
I wish. For the past three months I've been trying to find a network
engineer with a deep TCP/IP protocol understanding, network security
expertise, some Linux experience, minor programming skill with sockets
and a TS/SCI clearance.

Is clearance the problem, or the ability to obtain clearance due to something in their background? If your work requires it, you should have some recourse for applicants to obtain the required clearance, no?

/Jason

  By Date           By Thread