Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Please help our simple bgp
From: "Matthew Reath" <matt () mattreath com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 01:55:20 -0600

Hello

Our router is running simple bgp. "one BGP router, two upstreams (each
100M
from ISP A and ISP B)
We are getting full feeds tables from them

We discover the routes is going to ISP A only even the bandwidth 100M is
full

Can we set the weight to change to ISP B to use ISP B as preference
routes?

Can the following configuration work?
What suggest to this weight no. too?

 neighbor 1.2.3.4 description ISP B
 neighbor 1.2.3.4 remote-as 111
 neighbor 1.2.3.4 weight 2000

If this works, how is ISP B upstream connection is down?

Can it still be failover to ISP A automatically?

If it won't work, Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you for your help

Ann,

I've done this for a few customers that have requested it. Some engineers
complain that advertising /24 routes dilutes the Internet routing tables,
which is true in some regards.  However, this does work in many situations
to "balance" things out.

Check out my blog post that walks through this procedure:
http://mattreath.com/2012/01/29/bgp-load-balancing/

-Matt

--
Matt Reath