Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Some Smokeping doubts
From: Grupo IPv6 <grupo.ipv6 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 10:45:21 -0200

Hi all,

I’m using Smokeping (http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/) and I have some
doubs that maybe you can answer:

-          Why Smokeping needs to be connected to internet even when I have
only one Target to a host in my LAN ?

-          What is exactly the Standard deviation calculated at the bottom
right of the graphs? Can it be interpreted as Jitter? Or is there another
way to know the jitter?

-          Why sometimes when I add a new host, for the first minute I get
a list of errors saying that the RDD file doesn’t exist? This happens
commonly? Is there any way to solve this problem?

Many thanks,

Gabriel

  By Date           By Thread